Friday, June 12, 2009

Mother's Day... in June!

It's been a month since Mother's Day. That time my 5 year-old gifted me with a card she made all by herself, with her trademark colors and drawings. She's a regular artist, my little one. And that's why she can run through a stack of paper (preferably colored, Mama!) in no time at all.

Hmm... hope that the flowers, fruits and vegetables we plant in our yard make up for the number of trees that go Ouch due to her paper arts & crafts forays!

Yesterday though, she kept mostly to herself, and she didn't want me wandering into the living room while she was "busy with something." And she had papers with her again.

Then came the kicker: "Mama, I have a surprise for you, but I won't tell you what it is since it's a surprise." Heehee.

When my husband came home early evening, they huddled and told me they had to go out and get something. Hmmm, it looked like the pieces were falling into place.

When they arrived, she handed me a Mother's Day bouquet, with a homemade ribbon attached to it!

Didn't matter that it was already June, with Father's Day just around the corner.

It still felt great to be handed this surprise.



No comments:

Post a Comment