Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chortles from the Morning Rush

I couldn't help chortling by myself while leafing through the latest Morning Rush book by Chico, Delamar and Gino. Although not a regular listener of their radio show on RX 93.1, I found the first compilation of the Top 10 Morning Rush quite a hoot!

While browsing through the stacks in one of my favorite bookstores, I chanced upon book 2. Knowing the laugh trip that is sure to ensue, I grabbed one immediately and headed for the cashier.

It didn't disappoint.

From the "Messages for Haters" list:
"This Christmas, I'm going to put a mistletoe in my back pocket so all the haters can kiss my ass!"
Haha, a bitchy comment indeefd, but quite witty, if I may say so.

From the "Things You'd Tell Your Parents if They Were Your Kids" list:
"Kapag naglagay ka ng pera sa money basket 'pag offertory, huwag ka nang kumuha ng sukli, kasi mukha kang nagnanakaw ng pera."
I really burst out laughing at this one, never mind that I was alone at the time. Although I've never seen anybody actually do this, it just seems so easy to picture someone doing this -- quintessentially Filipino in its practicality and frugality. Why drop a thousand-peso bill if a hundred peso is all you were planning to give, right?

A lot of the lists are given to double entendres and are meant for more mature audiences, but here and there are little nuggets of caustic, tongue-in-cheek wisdom(?) that makes one pause to think "Oo nga naman, may point sya dun. In fairness."

Will be waiting eagerly for book three.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment