Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My To-Read Pile

What does your bedside table have? I'm guessing, a lamp, paper, pen, maybe a phone, a couple of books. I have pretty much the same things, although I had to make do with putting some of them in the drawer.

You see, I have a pile of unread and half-read books beside me. And the pile is still growing. I don't know when the pile will stop growing. I don't know if I want it to stop growing.


Yes, I admit it. I am a bookaholic. Always have been, always will be.

And that's why whenever I see new releases from my favorite authors (Paulo Coelho, Dan Brown, James Rollins, Daniel Silva, Matthew Reilly, Steve Berry, Jessica Zafra, John Maxwell, among others), or titles from genres I am partial to (travel and food writing, Da Vinci-code type novels, Arthurian legends, biographies, even some business books) I immediately head for the nearest bookstore. And yes, I do have membership cards for Fully Booked, Powerbooks, and National Bookstore.

And so the books keep on piling up, even as I try to make a dent at 2-3 books per week.

But I'm happy about it. As far as I'm concerned, the more books the better -- I've even catalogued the lot! I even have quite a number still in my parents' house. Our shelves are packed 2- and 3-deep now, but hey, I'm not complaining.





I think my habit has now rubbed off on my husband as well, since his side of the bed isn't too different from mine!



Our older daughter also has her own book stash, and her favorite mall destinations are now toy shops and, yup, you guessed it, bookstores.



Hmmm... I might just yet be able to build myself a proper library someday -- with mahogany or teak floor-to-ceiling shelves, leather-bound first editions, humidity control...

Hey, if you can dream, why not dream big, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment