Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thankful for 2011

It's the first day of 2012. I am sitting in our bedroom watching season 6 of House. This afternoon I just finished watxching season 1 of Warehouse 13. Yes, I am spending the first day of the year having a DVD marathon, with small breaks in between spent reading The Best of Travel Writing 2011.

Self-indulgent, much?

Considering that I have spent the last couple of days with less than 6 hours sleep every night, and being cooped up in the kitchen whipping up dishes for Noche Buena and Media Noche (which, though tiring,m I enjoyed thoroghly anyway), all while going in and out of the grocery to pick up ingredients and snacks, not to mention the fact that we have 2 little kids who are not shy about trying to catch our attention every few minutes -- then the answer is a resounding No.

I do need this down-time. For a little while at least.

I've even let myself indulge in chips and soda, chocolates and baked goodies this holiday season. Time enough for dieting and hitting the jogging track once our vacation leave ends. Which would be in 2 days.

2011 was a mixed bag for me. My health issues culminating with my gall bladder removal tops the list of the troughs. Something good has come out of that though, which is that I am now healthier, fitter than before, after having lost 25 kilos (yes, kilos!), and this without any pills or injections, all due to a more sensible diet, coupled with the most basic exercise of all -- brisk walking, which has now progressed to jogging. I'm trying not to lose momentum, wouldn't want to regain those pounds!

Our Angel still continues to make us proud with her academic achievements and swimming prowess, while little Sarah charms us with her quick learning and winsome smile.

We have spent more time with our families in 2011, something that we ought to continue this year.

For all the gifts of health, family, friends, even work, I am thankful.

I am hoping that 2012, the Year of the Dragon (hurray for me!) will be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment