Sunday, July 3, 2011

Oatmeal-Dried Mango Cookies

Last Tuesday evening I had a hankering to make some oatmeal cookies, to supplement our older daughter's snacks for school. I looked through our cupboard if I had the ingredients, and was in luck!

Soon enough I was happily measuring and mixing. I normally folow baking recipes to the letter, but there are times when I let my instinct guide me -- and this was one of those times.  The recipe called for 3/4 cup white sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar. I felt that I could reduce this amount, so I made do without 1/4 cup white sugar. And guess what? It tasted fine! Sometimes it does pay to experiment.




In a short time, the chewy cookies were cooling on the rack, just waiting for eager hands to swoop them up!





I love the chewy texture of this cookie, contrasted with the chunks of dried mango and oatmeal bits. This is definitely one of my favorite cookies.

1 comment:

  1. I'm saying it again = Keep it up, Superwoman !!!
    Much love, Tita Luz

    ReplyDelete