Thursday, February 10, 2011

Eccentric or OC?

Everyone has certain eccentricities.

Like the person who cringes at the sight of different types of food touching one another on a plate (nope, not me, and no, I am not talking about Mr. Monk here). Or one who is close to pulling out her hair when one of her books gets a creased cover. What about someone who dislikes bell pepper in viands such as afritada, but would willingly eat them on pizza?

Humorous, frustrating, irritating -- we all have different reactions when faced with these idiosyncracies. The thing is, we all have them, some just more extreme than others.

Me? I like my books to have uncracked spines as much as possible. Of course this is easier said than done, but hey, I've been successful in a lot of my books! Don't they look nice standing up all fresh and uncreased?

I also prefer to squeeze toothpaste from the bottom upwards. It's a pet peeve of mine to see a tube of toothpaste with a "waistline", bent over like it's in pain.

Catsup is one of my favorite condiments. Friends have even dubbed it my "magic food". I slather it on burgers and hotdogs, dip fries and chips into it, and use it to enhance the flavors of fried porkchops, roast chicken, and yes, even inihaw na isda! I love tomato-based sauces, and pizza, and pasta. This is making me hungry.

At night I want my curtains to cover up every little inch of window glass. If there's even an inch of uncovered space, I quickly get to my feet and adjust the drapes. Is it OC of me to do that? Maybe.

As much as possible I read magazines from front to back. Same with newspapers. I do browse from time to time, but it just doesn't feel natural for me.

When I'm writing, or typing out, posts for this blog I do not like anyone looking over what I'm doing. I do appreciate people reading my blog -- AFTER the posts are finished. I just do not want anyone to be with me while I am in the process of writing. My concentration gets shot, I feel self-conscious, and my writing becomes stilted -- if I can continue at all. Guess I'm odd that way.

So there. I just thought I should write it down, while nobody's looking over my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment