Saturday, February 19, 2011

Good Morning

I woke up while the sun was slowly peeking through the horizon. Not an exemplary feat, by any means, esp. since I normally wake up at 5:30 am anyway, pulled from sleep by the insistent beeping of my alarm. On a regular workday, that is.

Today however is Saturday. And I woke up on my own. Perhaps my body clock has been so used to being jolted awake at the same time five times every week that it now chooses to follow the same routine for the other two days. Or maybe I'm getting old, aaarrghh!

Instead of catching up on some more snooze time, I've chosen to get my laptop out and have some Internet time. Hubby is doing the same thing beside me. The two kids are still (thankfully) lost in their dreams in La-la land.

I can hear the birds chirping outside, and I've seen the morning go progressively brighter. Everything else is so still. The weekend is laid out before us, full of promise. No stress, no worries.

I am thankful for this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment