Sunday, June 26, 2011

Oatmeal Galore!

I never realized there were quite a lot of oatmeal flavors in the market!

After my operation (gallbladder removal), I started to scout around the grocery aisles to check what healthier options there were. I discovered a whole gamut of oatmeal flavors and variants that would endeavour to remove the "umay" factor when eating oatmeal day after day with nothing to break the monotony of the smooth, creamy texture.



So far I have tried the banana-honey, honey-hazelnut, and fruit-and-nut variants. Next on my list: the chocolate (guess it will be like champorado) and strawberry flavors.

I really liked the fruit-and-nut flavor, primarily because of the texture provided by nuts and raisins -- they contrasted beautifully with the oatmeal. Of course, I can also do this for home-cooked oats by adding in fresh or dried fruits (apple, banana, pear, kiwi) and nuts (walnuts, cashew, almonds) myself.

Hmmm.. thinking about this is making me hungry now.

No comments:

Post a Comment