Sunday, January 2, 2011

Simple Weekend Pleasures (The Thank You Chronicles 2011: Jan 2)

It is now the second day of the year, and a Sunday, at that. It's the last day of our holiday break, boohoo! Tomorrow is another working day. There, the post-holiday blues have kicked in.


Oh well, time to plan for the next break then!


Still in keeping with my resolution to actively Give Thanks (see my previous entry), here are the things I am grateful to have experienced today.
  1. Barney's "I Love You" song. With two kids under the age of seven in the house, it is inevitable that Barney (and Sesame Street, Dora, Little Einsteins, and the Backyardigans) figures a prominent role in their viewing habits. My husband and I have become so used to hearing Barney and company's songs that we have actually caught ourselves humming them, even when the TV is off! Talk about LSS (Last Song Syndrome). This morning, when the I Love You song came on, our toddler went to enfold her hand in mine ("Come on, Mama"), held her older sister's hand at the same time, and then we all swayed and sang to the ubiquitous Barney tune. It was not an earth-shattering performance, but it was heartwarming nonetheless.
  2. A midday jaunt around the golf course. At midday today the golf course was practically deserted, so the two kids and I walked over right after lunch and had an enjoyable time traipsing around, going up and down the mounds and just running around. The noontime sun was gentle, the breeze bracingly fresh. It was an absolute pleasure to see the little ones being so innocent and carefree. Would that I had more times like this with them.
  3. Having the hubby drive back home safely. He had to drive family members back to their place, and drove back to our home again, all in one day. I am thankful that he did not meet any road mishaps, nor get entangled in heavy traffic (esp. with people going back from their vacations and clogging up the roads). He may have arrived home a bit sore and tired from driving, but he is home, and he is safe.
I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment