Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Silver Linings (The Thank You Chronicles: Jan 5)

What a loooong day this has been! Meetings and discussions, numbers and presentations. Quite draining, to say the least. I'm drooping in my chair as I type.


Frustrating at times these may be, I nevertheless am thankful for:
  1. A toddler who's acting up and a little girl who's whining away. What's there to thank, you say? I ask myself that too, and at first I really do not see the silver lining to this cloud of grating whines and crocodile tears. But if I look hard enough, it's actually there! I'm thankful that they are able to express themselves and speak, that they have mentally and physically developed so well, that they can put their arms around me and give me kisses. They can certainly talk my ears off, babbling about anything and everything. I wish that they would stop. And in the next instant, I pray that they don't. Not for a couple more years yet. Now, if only they would go to bed earlier! Ho-hum!
  2. Work-home proximity. We're lucky to live so near our workplace. In five minutes we are literally at one place or the other. We can go home for lunch and see the kids. We can easily pop in at home to go back for something forgotten. But then again, we can also ba called back in pretty quickly. Ah, everything has trade-offs...
  3. Fluoride-free toothpaste. Our toddler uses SansFluo, which is good since a lot of the toothpaste she uses when brushing her teeth eventually ends up directly in her tummy I guess. She has a predilection for sucking on her brush bristles, so it's a load  off of me that she won't have an overdose of fluoride, haha!
Simple joys can come in unlikely packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment