Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wind, Hair, and DVDs (The Thank You Chronicles: Jan 4)

This has gotten to be a night-time ritual now -- recalling what I am thankful for, composing my thoughts, and committing them to (electronic) paper. It's actually quite relaxing.


Today I am thankful for:
  1. Wind. Not the blustery, whistling, scared-it'll-turn-into-a-twister type, but a soft breeze that gently rustles through the branches of the trees and invites one to step outside and jump on piles of fallen leaves that delightfully crackle against one's soles. January weather is my favorite, with sunlight not as harsh as the summertime scorchers, and the cool weather that does not yet (in general) bring torrential rains.
  2. Hair. My shorter hair, to be specific. I finally buckled down and had about 10 inches lopped off from my tresses. I hope it translated to an equivalent of 10 years off from my face as well, haha! My head feels as if a load has been taken off, I need less shampoo, and my natural curls are much more visible now. The next question now is: to have straight hair, or not? Hmmm...
  3. DVDs. I recently got a bumper pack of National Geographic DVDs, the whole collection of issues from 1888 (yes, you read that right, from the very beginning!) until December 2009, in 6 DVDs. It does sound incredibly nerdy of me to be happy about these, but hey, I never said I wasn't a geek! I can't wait to browse through them!
Nature, vanity, and geekiness. I'm thankful for them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment